Product Liability Technical Services Manager
Spears Manufacturing, located in Sylmar, California, has been a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of plastic valves, fittings, and pipe since 1969. With a national company that has over 23 plants and distribution centers throughout the country, Spears Manufacturing is a place where careers are made.
We are currently in need of a self-motivated strong negotiator to fill our Technical Services Product Claims Manager position. You must be a strong mediator with mechanical aptitude and the ability to travel as required. While you will be based at our corporate office in Sylmar, California, the territory for this position will be for all the United States, and internationally as needed.
• Competitive salary commensurate with skill level and experience.
• Generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance.
• Paid vacation and sick days. Six paid holidays a year.
• A long-term future with room to grow within the company.
• Familiarity with ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) and ASTM (American Society for Testing Materials)
• Ability to project a firm resolve, and to represent the best interests of the Spears® Manufacturing Company and its products.
• Engage with a thorough knowledge of all types of products and product analysis.
• Conduct and assess product installations systems, including Fire Sprinkler Systems, Chemical Waste Drainage Systems, High Purity Water Systems, and many more that involve Spears® Products.
• International travel for product testing and failure analysis inspections. Inspections include written evaluation, observation, examination (visual, SEM Test and GC Exam) and conclusion.
• Write technical reports regarding product analysis.
• Review all company lawsuits/claims that involve Spears® Products from the onset to closure.
• Handle difficult situations with professionalism and tact. Work with attorneys in all lawsuits/claims.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.