Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Spears Manufacturing headquartered in Sylmar California, a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of plastic valves, fittings and pipe since 1969. We have an immediate opening for our Maintenance Supervisor position. This is a career position with a national company that has over 24 plants and distribution centers throughout the country.
Spears Manufacturing has an opening for an Industrial Maintenance Supervisor. Will be required to have daily hands on capabilities. Must have working knowledge of all daily operations and the equipment knowledge of all daily operations and the equipment that runs the functions of the facility.
Must understand the functions of the following items: Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Electric, Electronics, PLC Controls, HVAC, Refrigeration, Welding Fabrication, Irrigation, Yard Care, to name most.
This individual must must be able to manage the Maintenance Crew harmoniously and with a goal of urgency, simplicity and common sense. This job requires self motivation and taking ownership of all plant functions. Only Serious contenders need apply.
Spears Manufacturing manufactures the world’s finest PVC, CPVC Plastic Fittings, Valves and Pipe.
• Learn Valuable Skills
• Medical and Dental Insurance After 90 Days
• Paid Life Insurance
• 401K 4% Annual Salary Match
• Six Paid Holidays Each Year
• Paid Vacation, Paid sick days
• Job Security
Under minimal supervision perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Maintain and improve facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Primary duties include the following however other duties may apply.)
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s support equipment, plus a working knowledge of robotics and PLC functions.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines and support equipment.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Have the ability to prioritize and diagnose problems, locate and order replacement or repair parts, test and make adjustments when or as needed.
• Perform and schedule regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Perform a variety of plumbing operations and maintenance pertaining to well water systems and storage, fire protection, and irrigation of grounds.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Track and maintain records on all maintenance and repairs to machines and facility.
• Set working hours for department and obtain approval through Manufacturing Manager.
• Direct and delegate workload to maintenance personnel and Custodians.
• Ensure all processes, procedures and documentation is ISO compliant.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
We are an EOE employer