CNC Machinist Programmer and Operator
Spears Manufacturing headquartered in Sylmar, CA, is a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of plastic valves, fittings and pipe since 1969. This is a career position with a national company that has over 24 plants and distribution centers throughout the country.
Due to our dynamic growth we are currently are looking for the right individual for our key position CNC Machinist Programmer and Operator. CNC experience and Conventional Machinist skill level is a minimum requirement for this position. This position is at our facility in Hazelton, PA.
Pay will be commensurate with skill and experience.
• Medical and Dental Insurance after 90 days
• Paid Life Insurance
• 401(k) with 4% annual salary match
• 6 paid holidays each year
• Paid vacations
Position requires competency in computer numerically controlled (CNC) and conventional machine shop operations. Employee is to be proficient in the operation of CNC and conventional machinery, safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions.
A strong sense of detail and good mechanical aptitude are essential. Employee must be able work with great concentration and precision. They must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines.
The goal is to produce quality parts through setting up and programming machines to perform various operations.
• Proven experience as CNC programmer and operator
• Strong knowledge of various types of conventional machining equipment, mills, lathes and drill presses as well as precision measurement tools
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, documents and drawings
• Computer savvy with good understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
• Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
• A detail and results-driven approach
• Strong communication abilities
• High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in machining or relevant discipline is a plus
• Program, prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as turning, drilling, grinding, milling etc.
• Understand specifications and desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
• Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
• Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
• Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
• Inspect and measure finished products and process work orders
• Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.