Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Spears Manufacturing in Sylmar California, a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of plastic valves, fittings and pipe since 1969. Due to our companies dynamic growth we are currently are looking for an individual for our key position of Administrative Assistant to work in our Technical Services Department. This is a career position with a national company that has over 24 plants and distribution centers throughout the country.
This opportunity is at our Spears Manufacturing facility in Sylmar CA..
The pay will be commensurate with the individual’s experience and skill level.
• Medical and Dental Insurance After 90 Days
• Paid Life Insurance
• 401K 4% Annual Salary Match
• Six Paid Holidays Each Year
• Paid Vacation
This individual will perform a broad range of duties for the Department Manager, Supervisor and technical personnel. Follows general office procedures established by management, and exercises independent judgment and discretion in carrying out various job responsibilities. Must establish sufficient knowledge of Spears® products, organizational structure and interface with key departmental contacts on a regular basis.
• Creates, types, edits and finalizes correspondence, memos, reports
• Provides administrative assistance in various departments as needed.
• Receives and screens calls for the Manager as well as overflow calls from technical staff.
• Handles incoming e-mails, faxes and other inquiries on a timely basis. Routes packages, interbranch mail and other correspondence to internal personnel.
• Routinely sends information outside the company relating to Spears products, claims, our insurance carrier and/or attorney(s)
• Establishes and maintains department files and records.
• Manages the calendar for the Technical Services room
• Arranges travel accommodations (domestic and international)
• Works independently with minimal supervision.
• Orders and maintains department supplies.
• Revises, edits and proof letters from technical staff for grammar, spelling, errors and clarity
• Calendar and track depositions, trials, court dates, claims, site inspections and follow through with each updating the Manager with pertinent information and documentation to respond to attorneys, insurance claims, customers and vendors.
• Maintains legal documents, evidence and claim files, updating all parties involved including claimants, attorneys, insurance agents, and adjusters regarding their claim/case.
• Prepares legal documents to include, but not limited to, discovery, interrogatories, release of claims, and employment contracts.
• Must be able to Create Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents, presentations, manuals and handouts for technical representatives’ training.
• Individual must have general knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of legal terminology and research procedures is helpful
• Ability to perform light legal research requiring the exercise of considerable independent judgment; ability to perform complex legal/administrative work with accuracy; ability to communicate verbally in writing; ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• At least a limited understanding of legal terminology and procedures is required
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including (Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint).
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
• Must be able to multi-task effectively.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
• Must demonstrate exceptional organizational and communication skills
We are an EOE employer